Die sewe top Challenge, ook bekend as die Berg uitdaging deur die eerste man wat dit voltooi het, is 'n uitmergelende, fisiese ervaring wat 'n persoon aan al sewe kontinente van die aarde. Die doel van hierdie uitdaging is om te klim na die piek van die hoogste berg op elk van die sewe kontinente. Hierdie bergspitse is die volgende:
- Mount Everest in Asië 29.029 voete
- Mount Aconcagua in Suid-Amerika op 22.841 voete
- Mount McKinley, ook bekend as Mount Denali in Noord-Amerika 20.320 voete
- Mount Kilimanjaro in Afrika 19.340 voete
- Berg Elbrus in Europa 18.510 voete
- Mount Vinson Massif in Antarktika op 16.050 voete
- Mount Kosciusko in Australië in 7310 voet
On April 30, 1985, Richard Bass was the first man to ever complete this challenge. When another man, Reinhold Messner, completed the seven summit challenge shortly after Bass, Messner claimed to have a slightly different list, putting the Carstensz Pyramid at 16,024 feet on an island near Australia in place of Mount Kosciusko. Most people have used either the Bass list or the Messner list, depending on their personal preference. Each of these mountain peaks presents a different challenge to the climber. As the tallest, Everest is often viewed as the most difficult climb. The cold temperatures and threat of frostbite or even death are enough to make many serious climbers quake in their boots. Other cold peaks, like Denali and Vinson Massif are challenging. Many climbers choose to start their seven summit challenge with the easiest three mountains: Kilimanjaro, Elbrus, and Aconcagua. Kilimanjaro is a warm climb to be sure, and even though it is considered easy, it still commands the respect of every climber. While many people might think the seven summit challenge is a crazy thing to attempt, climbers all over the world seek the recognition and the respect of having conquered all the summits. To this day, only about 300 people have completed the summit challenge. There is truly no other challenge like this in the world, because this challenge is about conquering the world.
Wanneer wil jy gaan
The people who climb these mountains, who choose to tackle this seven summit challenge must be in excellent physical shape. Young adults and middle aged adults are normally the people who attempt this challenge. Typically these people have been climbing for many years, and have the knowledge to be able to climb these mountains. Although, there are exceptions to the rule. The youngest person to complete the seven summit challenge was a man named Jordan Romero from the United States at the age of 15 years. The oldest man to complete the challenge was a man named Takao Arayama from Japan who was 74 years old. Even with this surprising age gap, it is typically best for people in their 20s, 30s, and 40s to climb these mountains. Young climbers may be too inexperienced and make mistakes that only years of climbing can prevent. A lot of experience is absolutely necessary to complete the seven summit challenge. The general time frame for climbing these mountains is in the spring. People can start climbing in January, and some people have been known to still be climbing as late as June. For most of these mountains, any other time of the year provides too many dangers for it to be safe for climbers to attempt the summit. Winds pick up and storms blow through that can become deadly in just an instant.
Odds n 'Ends
The cost required to complete the seven summit challenge is extraordinary. The flights alone to all of the different continents and mountains will cost thousands and thousands of dollars. When you add in the cost of equipment, permits, lodging, food, transportation, translators, and sometimes even mule services, the cost truly becomes staggeringly high. Some people estimate the total cost to be anywhere between $130,000 to $220,000. To reduce the cost, many people choose to climb the mountains over a lengthy period of time, instead of putting all that money in at once. The equipment required is complicated and expensive. Every mountain poses different dangers: heat exhaustion, dehydration, frost bite, avalanches, etc. Even on the best of days, the mountain can surprise you, so you must be prepared for every situation. As with all worldly travel, vaccinations of various kinds are required. When you’re traveling around the world, you will come into contact with a variety of cultures, especially around these seven mountains. It is important to research each individual culture to make sure you conform to their customs while you are on their land.
Plekke om te Bly Naby
Soek oor 900.000 globale hotel aanbiedings van meer as 30 handelaars. Boek via Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Price en die webwerwe van die gewilde hotel kettings.
Daar is baie cruiseschepen dwars deur die Nyl, en 'n paar dien as 'n drywende hotel wanneer hulle in Port. Die M / S Sonesta maangodin ...
Baie reisigers geniet 'n vaart Nyl, terwyl toer Egipte, en hierdie skepe dien dikwels as 'n hotel, terwyl in 'n hawe van die oproep. Die M / S ...
Meer ervarings Naby
- Hier is die geheim agter Ramen by die Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum
- Maak direkte Ramen noedels by die huis is nie té opwindend, maar besoek die Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum in Osaka, Japan en die maak van hulle sal op 'n heel ander ervaring. Hier, kry jy 'n deel van die direkte noodle Ramen-up geword, reg van voor af. Klink interessant? Wel hier is jy jou eie kok, die ontwerp van jou nuwe gunsteling noodle en eksperimenteer met verskillende geure. Die Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum huisves 'n wye versameling van die direkte Ramen verkoop oor die eeue heen. Van die verpakkingsmateriaal om die aard van die direkte Ramen noedels, alles is op mekaar. Hoewel die ...
- Kry Vasgevang in Geskiedenis aan die Elmina Slave Castle
- As die deur dig getrek, 'n golf van claustrofobie oortrek met die twee en dertig mense ingekrimp in' n donker sel aan die Elmina Castle op die Ghanese Gold Coast. Die selle is hier nie groter as 'n gemiddelde kas, en die enigste lig wat van binne gesien kan word, is' n klein vierkant van lig by die deure. Alles binne die sel was swart en stil, behalwe vir die asemhaling van die mense rondom my. 'N Paar oomblikke later, die deur swaai oop en my longe blaas in vars lug met verligting. Die verbysterende oomblik het gekom toe ons toergids ingelig ...364 myl weg.